Sunday 8 March 2009

Weekend Review

Saturday's Highlights:
- Family Working Bee at Sherard Mansions
- Pizza after Family Working Bee
- Receipt of Tax Return cheque. This is particularly excellent as I hadn't even submitted a tax return!
- Porridge for breakfast with coffee and OJ
- Discovering that my bed isn't as broken as I thought, and will be quite easy to fix.

Saturday's Lowlight:
- The bank ATM having run out of envelopes so I was not able to bank my cheque.


Today's Highlights:
- Bairstow Lamentations. I haven't done these since I were a lad. There are two verses worth the effort. 15 and... umm... another one.
- Making it to Chelmsford in time to take a leisurely stroll to get a coffee
- Watching the Choirmaster teaching the boys with a perfect balance of encouragement, praise, and ridicule
- Walter's sermon about post-modernism that seemed to tail off at the end, a conclusion reminiscent of Whitacre's "Sleep". Then again, maybe I just nodded off, so didn't notice him winding up
- Watching the fountain across the road being blown in every direction by the wet and windy weather
- Being the only one bathed in sunshine, just like that scene from Death in Brunswick. Unfortunately it also made it hard to read the music and see the conductor at the same time.
- Packing for an overseas adventure

Today's Lowlights:
- Spending 4 hours (and counting) in transit thanks to Planned Engineering Works
- Discovering in the most uncomfortable way possible that the soles of my £30 black shoes are not as sturdy as the soles of my £10 black shoes.


Coming soon... Highlights from Poland

1 comment:

Frank said...

And a very big welcome back to the blogosphere. Nice to see you again.